The following pre-treatment care suggestions should be followed to ensure the best results possible.
- Let your hair grow out ⅛” or 2mm, usually 3 days growth. Your electrologist needs a length of hair to grab it with a pair of tweezers.
- If the hair gets too long in between treatments you can trim or shave with a single blade or electric razor.
- Daily moisturizing is very important. It helps keep the skin hydrated and helps the probe insert easily into the follicle.
- Drink plenty of water! Keeping your skin hydrated means your follicles have plenty of saline in them which is needed for the current to work well. It also minimizes discomfort during your treatment.
- Exfoliate the day of your treatment to help remove debris from the opening of your follicles, making insertions of the probe smoother.
- Refrain from using retinol & glycolic acid 24 hours prior to your treatment.
- Refrain from drinking caffeinated or alcoholic beverages on the day of your treatment as these will dehydrate your skin. Caffeine can also increase anxiety, making your treatment less comfortable. If you must consume caffeine (to avoid withdrawal), drink the minimum necessary along with additional water to rehydrate.
- If you are being treated in a sensitive area, taking ibuprofen or Tylenol 30-45 minutes prior to treatment can minimize discomfort.
You can call us for more information
Please be on time for your appointment. Late arrivals will be charged based on
the time originally scheduled and we may not be able to extend your appointment due to other scheduled clients.
We provide consultations at no charge to evaluate if this service is right for you.
We require 24-hr notice for all cancellations.
No-shows and late cancellations will result in a $20 fee.